Monday, January 4, 2016

A Little Late, Still Wonderful

Welcome to 2016! I decided to jump back into the blog and cannot believe it has been almost 10 months since my last post! Yikes! I'm guessing this was a result of paperwork piling up at work and not feeling like I had the motivation or time to stick with the blog. Also, on a more exciting note (it's a little late, but still wonderful), I got engaged in April!


My handsome fiance...



Just after he asked in all our happy sad tear glory! hehe


Mid-kneel- he proposed on the beach where we spend a lot of time with our dog, kayaking, relaxing, and enjoying our wonderful neighborhood by the Bay. This picture just happens to cut out my kraft mac and cheese colored crocs to improve your viewing pleasure. : )


The most amazing ring! He did such a wonderful job!


The cute champagne setup made possible by my wonderful sister, Tracy, and best friend, Emily (also the photographer on site).

So, as you can imagine, my motivation was completed redirected! The only websites on my mind were Wedding Wire, The Knot, and Style Me Pretty. Although all three sites are fabulous in their own right, I have to give a shout out to Wedding Wire, specifically. The concept is genius! It is basically the Angie's List for all things wedding. They pride themselves on being "the easiest way to find local wedding venues, cakes, dresses, invitations, and more." 

Okay, side note here. My intentions were not to make this post about wedding planning, but apparently that's the direction it's taken, so I'm just going to roll with it and hope I don't lose you in the process. I guess I will have to change the title of this post as well (originally "New Year's Resolution") to something more appropriate. ; ) 

Back to the wire...I personally used it as a jumping off point for all of the big details, including venue, entertainment, planning, catering, photography to get an idea of vendors in and around Maryland. At this point, I figured our wedding would be somewhere in Maryland, so any vendors in the general area would probably be an option. Little did I know, my fiance had my whole family on board for a destination wedding! And he was hoping to sway me lol...

That was not the case, but we settled on a mini-destination wedding in Rock Hall, MD at the Inn at Huntingfield Creek. I fell in love with this place the moment we pulled up to the entrance.


Absolute perfection!

We live in the Baltimore area, so it is roughly an hour and a half drive; far enough to feel like a destination.We first considered entertainment and photography vendors after newly married friends informed us that good photography and entertainment can be hard to come by and a cost a pretty penny, especially if we waited. We loved the band at their wedding and knew they would be on our list of considerations. When I jumped on wedding wire, they were one of the first to pop up in the Baltimore area. I was not surprised to see excellent (4.8-5 stars) reviews in all areas. I don't want to give the band away since our wedding isn't for 7 months, so here is a link to the page for another band who we actually considered and also has great reviews! As you can see, it includes links to their website and email, contact information, profile, photos, videos, pricing and FAQs, deals, a map of their location, and as I said, reviews. The reviews not only provide a star rating in the areas of quality of service, professionalism, responsiveness, value, and flexibility, but also a space for narrative. In regards to the band, although not necessary, it was great to read about all the wonderful experiences with a band we already knew was fabulous.  

The reviews were however, very helpful when it came to choosing a wedding planner and photographer. Because the inn does not come with a planner to keep things running smoothly or rentals, we felt it was important to find a planner to at least assist with organization on the day of the wedding. I narrowed my decision down to a couple people, but consistently felt a pull towards one. After some correspondence, I noticed she went to Washington College and was about the same age as one of my sisters. Well, it just so happens, they lived in the same dorm hall and were friends! This sealed the deal for me and we actually decided to hire Kari for partial planning services. It has already been wonderful working with her and I cannot wait to see how she pulls everything together for our big day! If you are in search of a planner in the Baltimore or Eastern Shore areas, Kari Rider is your girl! The following photos are from her site and have been captured by the various photographers with whom she works.





In looking for a photographer, I knew reviews would go a long way because personal experiences are the best referral. When you hire someone to come into your personal world and capture intimate moments, it is important to choose someone who makes you feel comfortable and at ease. Alicia Lacey did just that on the day of our engagement shoot and in the days leading up to it. Her reviews on wedding wire were so genuinely positive, I knew she'd be the perfect match for us. We recently received our album from the engagement shoot and she surpassed our expectations! We're so excited to see what she captures on our wedding day! Here is sneak peek from our engagement session...




more to come in another post! 

Happy New Year!





2 comments:

  1. Your engagement pics look absolutely gorgeous!!! I LOVE your ring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your sweet words, Carly!! I am so excited to be a part of your wedding!

    ReplyDelete